The Fall Festival is back!
Join us for carnival games, food, and music! Monta Loma students, families, and community members are welcome.
Friday, October 28th, 2022
Monta Loma Elementary
Thank you for an amazing event!
Dear Monta Loma Families,
We are inspired by all of you making the Fall Festival such an amazing success! It was incredible to see the school come together again to reconnect in person after a two year pause to enjoy carnival games, face painting, food, and music. The kids’ excitement during the festival made all the planning and hard work worth it!
As a 100% volunteer-driven event, we couldn’t have done it without the support from so many wonderful people:
- A HUGE THANK YOU to the parents who volunteered, donated prizes, and attended the festival, we really could not have done it without you.
- Principal Lee and Ms Fox who helped us coordinate logistics, recruit Student Council volunteers, & dealt with all of our questions and emails (there were many!)
- School staff who helped us promote the event, recruit parent volunteers, rallying the students to help out & get excited!
- Student Council members for helping us run some games
- The Purcells for DJing – it wouldn’t have been the same without music!
- Safeway on Rengstorff for their candy donation (yum!)
- Los Altos Taqueria who generously donated the delicious flautas, burritos, rice, and beans.
- Micaela Francisco, Ana Mejía, and Juana Torres for making the amazing pupusas by hand & on site. It doesn’t get fresher than that!
- Working together on the Fall Festival Committee was incredible and we just wanted to especially thank:
- Sara Armstrong for all of the volunteer and game coordination, and meeting organization. She made sure we were ready for the event!
- Jamie Bergen who set up our Fall Festival page & online ticket sales (in English and Spanish) as well as managed the ticket sales throughout the entire event.
- Cheryl Villareal who made the epic Costco run for pizzas, hot dogs, drinks, & snacks.
- Evan Greenberg who coordinated table, sunshade and game structures logistics and helped with ticket sales and spiritwear.
With all of that said, we are so happy to announce that together, we raised over $3,500 from the event! AMAZING! All the funds raised from the festival go towards field trips, supplies, equipment, and books for the school. You have all shown us how special Monta Loma is and we are so grateful.
Thank you so much,
Vanessa Bernegger, President & Tanya Ngo, Vice President
Games include the toilet bowl toss (a Monta Loma tradition!), potato sack races, pin the tail on the leopard, the Pokemon Game, and many more! Each game costs 1 ticket to play. There will also be face painting and a cake walk (2 tickets)!
After playing all of those games, you’ll be ready for some tasty food. Enjoy some delicious Mexican food thanks to generous donations from Los Altos Taqueria and Monta Loma parents. There will also be pizza, popcorn, cotton candy, and more.
We are excited to have Monta Loma’s very own Tom and Katie Purcell DJing the event!
Use tickets to play games and purchase food. Each student will get 1 ticket in class. Additional tickets will be sold at the event for $0.50/ticket. Cash and checks accepted. Please write checks to Monta Loma PTA, and small denomination bills are encouraged.
Funds raised at the Fall Festival will be used to support a variety of programs and activities at Monta Loma, including field trips, enrichment activities, and library books. Thank you for your support!