The Fall Festival is coming!
Join us for carnival games, food, and music! Monta Loma students, families, and community members are welcome.
Friday, October 27th, 2023
Monta Loma Elementary
THANK YOU so much for making the Fall Festival a success! It was incredible to see all the students, families, and community members come out to not only enjoy the festivities but also to support the school. We raised over $4000 from the event! The funds will go towards field trips, supplies, books, and so much more to support our students!
We wanted to take the time to acknowledge and thank everyone that help make it happen:
- All the volunteers! As many of you saw, this event needs volunteers to happen so we could not have done it without you. So a huge THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered, made donations, and baked treats!
- Los Altos Taqueria – they generously donated their delicious rice, beans, flautas, and burritos.
- Safeway – they donated Halloween candy (yum!)
- Student Council – thanks for helping to operate some of the games!
- Tom & Katie Purcell for DJing
- Yanci Paiz, Micaela Lopez, & Juana Torres for providing the pupusas
- Mardonio Sotelo for donating the pizzas
- Girl Scouts for serving popcorn, check out all the amazing things they do on their site!
- Alice Lee & Los Altos High School students for operating the cotton candy machine
- Parents who donated tickets for the “ticket fairy” to distribute during the event
- School Staff – for helping us get the word out, set up, organize games, rallying the students to help & get excited about the festival!
- Students – for bringing their excitement and enthusiasm
- Last but not least, the Fall Festival Committee of superstars: Sara Armstrong-Sahin, Jamie Bergen, and Megan Burcher
You have all shown us how special the Monta Loma school community is and we are so grateful!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Tanya on behalf of the ML PTA Board
What to Expect at the Fall Festival
Games include the toilet bowl toss (a Monta Loma tradition!), pin the tail on the leopard, the Pokemon Game, and many more! Each game costs 1 ticket to play. There will also be face painting (4 tickets) and a cake walk (2 tickets).
After playing all of those games, you’ll be ready for some tasty food. We will have kid burritos, flautas, rice, and beans courtesy of a generous donation from Los Altos Taqueria. There will also be pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, and more. We’ll have something for everyone!
We are excited to have Monta Loma’s very own Tom and Katie Purcell DJing the event!
Use tickets to play games and purchase food. Each student will get 1 ticket in class. Additional tickets will be sold at the event for $0.50/ticket. Cash and checks accepted. Please write checks to Monta Loma PTA, and small denomination bills are encouraged.